Saturday, June 14, 2014

Hit the Beach

Hi again!  I've got a second post for you today to share a card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing.  Good thing I got well ahead of the game before my surgery, because I still can't sit long enough for coloring.   I hope I will be able to get back to it very soon.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are Kiwi Kiss and the patterned papers are from the Echo Park Paradise Beach 6x6 pad.  The sweet image is Glimmer by Elisabeth Bell for Sweet Pea Stamps.  I stamped her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added Aqua, Green and Crystal Stickles here and there for some sparkle.  I cut out the image and popped it up on foam tape.  Some Kiwi satin ribbon and an aqua button finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Thanks for stopping by again! I promise to be around to visit as soon as I can!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Friday Sketch Challenge #71 (Shirley's sketch)
One Sweet Challenge (hit the beach)
Sweet Pea Stampers (photo inspiration)
The Corrosive Challenge #201 (crop it or cut it out)
Sweet Pea Stamps Friends and Fans Art Contest (anything goes with SPS)

Here is FSC-71:
 

and the Sweet Pea Stampers Photo Inspiration:


Enjoy the rest of your day!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Love the color scheme. Your ribbon is so delicate looking and matches nicely. The image looks nice popped up. Don't worry about visiting blogs, just get better yourself. I'm sure people understand. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card. Love the image. Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carla, love the cute image and gorgeous design. Feel better soon hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Carla, she's adorable. I'm just getting caught up in all I've missed over the last few months and didn't realize you were going into surgery. I hope you heal quickly and that it isn't serious. I can totally empathize, haven't been able to sit and color for weeks now due to my ankylosing spondylitis flaring up...hopefully it's back under control and I can get back to having fun and enjoying everyone's creations again :). All my best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, this is so sweet and so pretty. I am sure the person that receives it, will be smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab take on the sketch! Love the yummy colors! Great coloring, as always, and such an adorable image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carla, your card is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Big hugs, Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Pea Stampers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Sweet Pea Stampers photo inspiration challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, lovely image. Thanks for joining in with us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Shirley xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Pea Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card - love it!!! Thanks for joining us at One Sweet Challenge again!!!! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully colored and great layout as always. A fabulous beach card. Thanks for joining us at One Sweet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla