Saturday, May 24, 2014

Retail Therapy

Hi again!  I'm back with a super quick second post today to share a card I made using some of the fabulous new digis that were just released by Make it Crafty today!  The theme for the collection is Let's Go Shopping and the backgrounds and characters are awesome!  I couldn't wait to color up a scene with them! Check out all the new stuff here!

 
Here is the card I made:


My card base and mats are SU Real Red and the patterned papers are from the Simple Stories Summer Bliss 6x6 pad.  I created the fun shopping scene by merging Shopping Sidewalk with Maddy Shopping and Penny Shopping.  I printed the merged image on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  A few gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the scene:


Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Light Brown Hair: E50, E53, E57
Red Hair: E50, YR31, YR24, E35
Green: YG01, G21, G94, G99
Blues: B91, B93, B95, B97
Reds: R22, R35, R37, R46, R59
Pink clothes: RV10, R81, R83, R85
Yellow clothes: Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18
Tans: E41, E42, E43, E44
Orange bag: YG12, YG15, YG18
Sidewalk: C1, C3, C5, C7

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the whole Let's Go Shopping release over in the Make it Crafty Store!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #250 (sketch)
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge #70 (let's hear it for the girls)

Here is the sketch:
 

Have a fantastic weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Carla!! Off to have a look!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! That image has really captured todays teens hasn't it. Lots of fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH EM GEE Carla, your colouring is simply INCREDIBLE! I love all the detail in the image, and you picked the perfect papers to go with. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :) Your card will be featured on our Facebook page today! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete











  5. Carla, this is such a cute image and of course your coloring is fabulously done. I am impressed!



    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you do it Carla? You amaze me every single week. You just constantly out do yourself. Wow!! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I love the scene you created! This is a really fun set... my DD LOVES to shop so I need to go check it out!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab take on the sketch! I absolutely love the scene you created and colored so beautifully! Love the DP and sentiment on this, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great image and I love the use of primary colours here. Suits the whole card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Squirrel and the Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carla! I love this image you have created and the coloring is fabulous! Stunning!

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Squirrel and The Fox!! Hope to see you again next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla