Monday, May 21, 2012

Spread Your Wings

Hi there!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend!  I sure did!  It was so much fun meeting up with crafty friends from The Outlawz at the Rodeo in Baltimore this weekend!  We had a great time and we're already thinking about another one next year! You'll definitely want to get in on the fun next time!  Huge kudos and thanks to Colleen, the leader of The Outlawz site, who worked so hard to plan this fantastic event!  Thanks also to Suzanne Dean and Marti Wills for their wonderful classes and to everyone who sponsored or helped out!  I think I can say that a fabulous time was had by all who attended!

OK, on to my card.  I am really trying to catch up from being away from the computer and the craft room for three days.  Today, I am sharing a card I made for a few challenges: the Little Miss Muffet Challenge #35 (anything goes), Oozak Challenge #2 (spring colors), the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #186 (in the garden) and the Papertake Weekly Challenge (also in the garden).

Here is my card:


I started with a card base of SU Baja Breeze and layered with patterned papers from the Memory Box Minuet 6x6 pad.  I merged two images, Park Bench For Two from Make it Crafty and Butterfly Kisses from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I printed the merged garden scene on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored with my Copics. I sponged in the sky with my cloud template.  I added a bit of Stickles to the butterfly and some sparkle to her flip flops and tee shirt with Spica pens.   A sentiment from Create With TLC finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening and hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty Carla!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, whenever I see your name pop up in Reader, I know I'm in for a treat! This is another beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. The colors are so soft, I love the look the really soft colors give this image. Beautiful coloring Carla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Carla...what a beauty this is! I am so envious over the "merging" that you do of different images. I do not have a program that will let me do that so I need to search for one, I guess, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Carla!! Your colouring is impeccable as always and you have such a gorgeous collection of papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring, Carla, and such a pretty card. I was so glad to meet you on Friday; you're such a sweetie! Hope to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a fun weekend with the Outlawz. :-) Love those gorgeous papers and that wonderfully colored image. Great job Carla! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous card sweetie, love the image so much it looks fabulous hun!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card...I love the image and your colored it perfectly. Also love the paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. Love the image and papers with Paula's word art. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds as if you had a great weekend! Love the pretty scene and great sketch on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous scene, love how you combined the stamps. Your papers are perfect and as always, love your coloring!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  13. sp glad you had a great time, I need to get back over to Outlawz, life is calming down a bit. your card is absolutley gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Carla, this is absolutely gorgeous! Sure hope we see you in our Anything Goes Challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions! This will work! (LOL)

    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. Love the scene, your layout and the dp is is awesome. Great job with your coloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carla this is totally adorable, I just love the sentiment. thanks for joining us at LMMS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Carla! What a fabulous card this is! I truly love everything about it! I love the one you did for Guylou's challenge, too!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous Carla...I love following your designs... they are always beautifully colored...

    hugz
    shamela

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card. I love your coloring of that great image. I also love the layering of those gorgeous papers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just sitting here thinking of you - beautifully created with wonderful papers. Your coloring is always so beautiful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carla this is gorgeous! This is such a beautiful scene and I love the soft colours you have used!

    Thanks so much for entering our Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card, such pretty papers.Thanks for joining in with the 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge'
    Sonia x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, I love the images you merged and how you colored them! Great papers and layers, too! Very pretty card, Carla!
    Wish I could have gone to Baltimore, but maybe next year? :^)
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Carla,
    This looks lovely. What a gorgeous image & beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla