Monday, May 23, 2011

Card for A Few Challenges

Good evening!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  It's hot and humid here in NC - just like summer!  I'm popping in to share a card I made for a few challenges I like to do.  Time seems to be getting away from me, so I was glad I could find a way to combine them.  First, it is for Card Patterns Sketch #116. It is also for this week's Our Creative Corner Challenge - Frame It - where Linda challenged us to create a raised frame for our project.  It is also for today's Mix It Up Monday Challenge on StampTV, where Donna challenged us to create a card with a shabby chic style.  Finally, it for today's Greeting Card Challenge (GC052311) on The Outlawz site which was to create a greeting card with no stamps or digital images except a sentiment on the front. Lot of things to think about, but luckily the challenges worked well together!

Here is the Card Patterns sketch:


Here is my card for all of the challenges:


I started with a card base of GKD Chocolate Brown and layered with patterned paper from the Prima Madeline 6x6 pad.  I used Spellbinders Classic Circles Large and Small to create the top and bottom elements.with the same CS and patterned paper.  I cut out the center focal point from patterned paper with a Spellbinders Labels Sixteen die.  I created a frame for the center piece from Chocolate Brown using the same die set and popped it up with Mini Pop Dots.  Per the Greeting Card challenge, the only stamping was the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs set, Hope Grows, which was stamped with Vivid Coffee Bean onto the center panel.    I machine stitched around the base panels to give a shabby look.  The butterfly was punched from DP with the Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Punch.  I added some aqua pearls to the body.  I finished my card with some wrinkled seam binding that I dyed and distressed and a small button from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!  I truly appreciate it when you visit!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carla!! Love the colors and the butterfly lighting off the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Carla. I love how you made a frame out of the label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carla....this is amazing! You are a master of pattern! The colors are fantastic too. So glad you could join us this week at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! The papers are sooo pretty and that butterfly really adds some pizzazz without competing with the pink bow! Thank you for playing long with us @ OCC. I hope that we see more of your work again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla