Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Teapot Tuesday and Card Positioning Systems #211

Good morning!  I have a card to share this morning that I made for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge (MMTPT139) on Splitcoast. You can read all about the challenge here.  This week's Destination Station is Mt. Vernon, Indiana.  We are sending our cards (and if possible, some extra stamping supplies) to Ashley, an avid stamper and cardmaker, who lost most of her stamping/scrapbooking supplies when her family's home was flooded recently.  You can read about Ashley's story here.  Despite her own losses, Ashley has been helping out other flood victims in her community.  Hopefully our cards will bring Ashley a smile and she'll also get some much needed supplies to help her build back her crafting stash.

Here is a photo of the inspiration teapot:


I used Card Positioning Systems Sketch #211 for my layout.  Here is the sketch:


Here is my card for the challenges:


I shamelessly cased this fabulous card from my friend, Dawn, because I knew this fun Diva from Mo's Digital Pencil would be perfect for the Teapot challenge.  Please don't compare our coloring because Dawn's is awesome - mine, not so much - lol!  I used some dotted DP from the Memory Box Snow & Cedar pad and layered it on SU Pink Pirouette.  I colored the image with Copic markers, then added White Opal Liquid Pearls to her necklace, earrings and crown.  I added Polar White Flower Soft to her feather boa.  A big pink satin bow finished it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous! Breath taking, I love the tea pot and cups too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soft and sweet! I love the colors, and that pink bow is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the CPS Sketch Blog this week!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes!!! adorable adorable adorable!!
    sorry to hear about your friend's loss...will pop over and read more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...this is incredible. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the coloring on her skirt. It looks perfect. You did a great job Carla. She will love this. I am so far behind I can't catch myself. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla