Saturday, January 1, 2011

Just Us Girls #65

Happy New Year!  I can't believe it is already 2011!  I hope everyone had a wonderful celebration last night and you are all ready for creating in the new year!
I have some exciting news to share today!  I am so honored to have been asked to be the Guest Designer for the month of January for the Just Us Girls Challenge blog!  They post a new challenge every Saturday and you are definitely going to want to play along! The JUGS design team is one super-talented group and I am really looking forward to playing along with them this month!

Today's challenge is a sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch we got to work with:


Here is my card with the sketch:


For my card, I used the peacock and some sentiments from the Gina K. Designs set, Pretty As A Peacock.  I colored the peacock with Copic markers and highlighted the entire image with Spica glitter pens.  My card base is SU Basic Black and the layers are retired SU Blue Bayou.  The image is stamped onto Cryogen White Iridescent (Paper Temptress).  I used patterned papers from Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue/WonderFALL Petite Papers pack.  A bit of Blue Bayou stitched ribbon finished it.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a happy and healthy new year filled with many blessings!

9 comments:

  1. Oh Carla! THis is so goregous! I love that amazing peacock stamp paired with the houndstooth...tres chic! I am so excited to have you on the Just Us Girls team this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Congratulations Carla!!! I KNEW you'd be in big demand the minute you got a blog!!! I'm so excited for you! Your peacock card is amazing! I can only imagine how much this sparkles! It's awesome!
    Happy New Year my NC friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla we are so happy to FINALLY have you as a JUGs guest designer! This card is so lovely! I love the image, the way it's colored, and the fabulous papers you used! Can't wait to see the rest of January! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla this is just GORGEOUS. Your stunning peacock is a masterpiece focal image and I love your color palette. Thanks for being a guest designer for JUGS this month - we really are glad to have you with us. May your new year be a good one - healthy, happy and filled with love and laughter. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! your card is beautiful! Be prepared, I just may copy this wonderful card! But don't fret, I will give you credit! You have done a wonderful job with putting everything together. Wonderful choice in paper and stamped image. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla!!! This is GORGEOUS! You certainly ROCK that peacock image!!! It is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the mix of DPs - just a divine card over all!!! So glad you could join us as guest DT!!! I've been admiring your work for a long time- so glad you took the leap into the blogosphere!!!! It looks fantastic!!!
    Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fab job with the sketch this week Carla the peacock image is beautiful and the Webster papers you used really tie the image and sentiment together nicely! So glad to have you as our January guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats my friend.. You are so deserving and will do a wonderful job.. This peacock is so pretty. I love the colors.. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carla! This is so gorgeous! Such beautiful balance and colors to all of your cards and this one is no exception. SO excited to have you along with Just Us Girls this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla